Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring!

Spring has certainly arrived! We are having gorgeous weather during the day and nice cool nights. The only thing we need more of is rain, but all in all I am seriously enjoying this weather that has me wanting to be outside and to bring the outside in.



I am starting a garden at a friend's house; we have four raised beds (even one that we made from scratch). We also have raspberries, blackberries, squash, zucchini, cucumber, and radishes outside of the beds. In the beds we planted, sweet onions, leeks, green onions, beans, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, red pepper, jalapeno, nasturtiums, basil, okra, rainbow carrots, danver carrots, and probably some more things that I forgot. We plan on planting corn in rows on the outside of the fence, as well as pumpkins, and sunflowers. Closer to the house we plan on planting many salad greens and a large variety of herbs. I am so excited that I finally get to have a real garden...I just pray that things do grow and ofcourse for rain.






Bringing the color indoors, I got all of these flowers for free at work during employee appreciation week. I just love flowers. I think if I had a lot of money I would probably buy a bouquet once a week at the tailgate market. They just make the home so much more cheery, don't they.



Some herbs at my house...all free herbs that were dying from my workplace. I am trying to bring them back, but I'm afraid that the basil might not make it.


This flowering bush that I get to look at out of my window everyday. With temperatures just over 80 degrees recently it finally bloomed.


Spring has also brought a need/want for spring cleaning, so after cleaning my house a bit, I helped a friend clean their house as well. I think the cat had other plans.

I have a lot more plans for cleaning/organizing at my house, while I have this Spring fever momentum. Sometime soon I will do a corners of my house post to share bits and pieces of organization. For now, I'm off to cook some dinner for myself.
Peace,
Yasmin



No comments:

Post a Comment