Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Birthday Boy

 Hello friends,


 This little guy had a birthday this past week on the 8th. He had a big birthday where he turned double digits, oh my!
His favorite Mexican restaurant for a seafood quesadilla.

Favorite meal #2; Mushroom, broccoli, cheddar quiche.

Favorite meal #3; Spinach and Mushroom lasagna.

Lemon pound cake for dessert, yum.

I really could not believe that he turned ten, where did the time go? As I started to reminisce about his childhood so far and what an awesome, caring, sensitive, creative guy he is...I saw something on the tele about a mom dropping her kid off at college and she started sobbing and then I was sobbing, ridiculous I know. Honestly, I don't have much time left until my older daughter is off to college and so I need to remember to cherish these moments with her...even when she turns into a moody teenage monster. 
Ok, enough reminiscing. A little bit about his birthday week. I only had the kids Sunday through Wednesday that week, so I decided that we should celebrate every night that he was with me with his favorite meals. He quite enjoyed having pretty much a week of birthday celebrations and my mom came over one of the nights so that we could do birthday presents. I don't quite have my act together at the moment, so no homemade gift for him this year, but he did get a lot of shark themed gifts and also some art supplies. We also got the book Firefly Hollow to read together and so far it is a pretty good one.
So, I know it has been a ridiculously long time since I last blogged, well let me tell you what is going on. My computer died quite some time ago, and so I just have my Ipad Mini to be able to do any blogging and let me tell you, what a pain in the you know what that is. It takes an aggravatingly long time to upload pictures and to get them situated exactly the way I want them to. So how is it that I am blogging right now you ask?, I recently got reacquainted with my library and of course they have computers. I will try to visit on a weekly to biweekly basis so that I can try to keep the blog updated, who knows maybe I can visit more than that. The time between my son getting off the bus and my daughter needing to be picked up from school is a great time for me to get to the library and jump on the computer while my son does his homework. Now I just need to dig out my phone so that I don't have to e-mail photos from my phone and then download them onto this computer...another pain. Till next time my friends,
Peace,
Yasmin



No comments:

Post a Comment