Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A week of meals

Today I thought I would share what a week of meals can look like at my house. It's not really a weeks worth, but it does cover the four or so days that I have the kids and honestly I usually try to use up the leftovers when they aren't here, so that I don't have an enormous amount of waste. So, without further ado:

Paleo style meatloaf with a homemade tomato sauce on top. I put lots of veggies in this one, basically whatever I had on hand and the meats were ground beef and spicy Italian sausage.

Split Pea Soup with spinach asiago bread.

Hamburgers/veggie burgers (for my son), served with herbed potato salad.


Pasta with the spinach asiago bread served with a salad on the side.
I try to take my lunch to work everyday, and so I don't mind if I make too big a batch of something. The meatloaf was great, because I made some sides so that I could have a slightly different meal a few days in a row. I do try to see what I have in my fridge on Saturday or Sunday so that I can plan out our meals for the week in advance. This takes out the indecision on school days when we are rushing to get home from work or pick up a kid from here and there or go to a track meet or go to soccer practice. Yes, life is busy isn't it. I leave you with one more picture to show you what can happen when you have a no screen time on school nights household. Lovely isn't it...almost harmonious building of a puzzle. Have a lovely night my friends.
Peace, Yasmin




No comments:

Post a Comment