Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The importance of sleep

Hello friends,
This week I go to work early everyday. So early in fact that I need to think and plan ahead or I will suffer from serious lack of sleep and the kids might suffer from pitiful breakfasts. So, I plan easy meals/snacks that can be eaten in a jiffy for those people (mainly my son and I) that prefer mornings not completely rushed. I honestly have not had the cooking/baking bug hit me since I moved. I am usually too exhausted most days and I have a feeling that not really moving into my new place may have had something to do with it. I only have this hunch, because I finally put some pictures up and my energy levels went up. With my higher energy came the cooking bug...it probably didn't help to feel overwhelmed with having to still do so much with the whole moving in process. To be honest, I still have a whole garage to take care of, but I think this cooler weather will help me hunker down and get it done. The colors have started to change, yay.


Frittatas are a genius concept, so easy and such a great vessel to use up stuff in your fridge. This one has mushrooms, onions, and shredded pork in it. 
.



Hard boiled eggs for my egg loving son.






Does anyone else brew coffee the night before?

Delicious blueberry muffins....I have to get back to my weekly muffin baking habit.
Now, it is time to get some of that sleep.
Night,
Yasmin


1 comment:

  1. Hi Yasmin, wanted to wish you good luck with your new blog and life! lots of changes and I do know that feeling. It will all land as they say. I will be all ears for the cooking...I live in hope that some of it will rub of on me. I made your oriental cabbage soup, it was divine! will you have a reciepe section here too? hope so. Everything you make looks so lovely. X

    ReplyDelete