Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hello

Hello friends, how are you all doing? Life has been quite interesting over here in Appalachia. Some of you may have known me as veggiemountainmama. I have not posted under that name since last year. A whole lot has happened...I decided not to keep pursuing a nursing degree and decided instead to keep focusing on my passion, cooking/baking. I separated from the father of my children last year and only recently moved out of our shared household due to lease timeframe, living under the same roof under those circumstances was quite difficult for the past 10 months, yikes. I recently left the restaurant I had been working at for the last two plus years to go back to a company I had worked for in South Florida, a company that truly cares about work/life balance and has great benefits. My daughter started 7th grade and my son started 3rd grade, time flies. I guess a pretty big thing that happened is that I am not vegetarian or vegan anymore. I was feeling chemically unbalanced and yes it was about the time that I decided my life needed to take a different turn last year. I will say that I am much happier and I am learning that yes I can do this by myself. Anyway, enough about me, myself, and I...let me share with you what makes me happy.

My job,

...and the fact that it affords me the time to spend outdoors with my kids.





Making nourishing meals for my kids and being able to enjoy them together.











Time for myself at the end of the night for reading, wine, music.


At the moment, I am enjoying my peaceful life quite a bit. Hope life is treating you well too.
Peace,
Yasmin



No comments:

Post a Comment