Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A week of meals

In an effort to get more organized, I put up a chalkboard to have dinners listed for the kids' sake and I was also asked to put chores on the board for them...yes, they asked me to do this. The plan eventually is to paint a chalkboard onto a wall in the kitchen for dinner plans and shopping lists. I just need to find the time and motivation to do that...I already have the paint. So, without further ado, here are the meals for last week when they were here with me.


Baked potato with flounder for the boy and with chicken for the girl, with a side of avocado because you can never eat too much avocado.

This is what I ate on Tuesday, a bunch of sauteed veggies with bacon, guacamole, and a fried egg on top. I'm sure most of you know what mac and cheese looks like.

Wednesday was my day off, so I actually made an effort for breakfast for myself and made Shakshuka...it was delicious.

I made dirty rice with beans and mushrooms for dinner + I added ground turkey for the girl who got home from a track meet at almost eight pm. She was starving.

I forgot to take a picture of the pesto pasta for Thursday night before it was completely gobbled up by the kids, so instead here is my lunch from today, which also happens to be my day off. I made an Italian style salad with a side of baked skinless chicken breast tenders topped with garlic, lime, and herbs. It was delicious and just what my body was craving. What is it about warmer weather and wanting fresh light fare?


I needed to share more pictures of this beautiful rhododendron bush in front of my house. It has only gotten fuller since the last time I took a picture. I stare out at this bush from my couch and get to admire the butterflies, birds, and bumblebees that like to visit the flowers. So pretty. Well, off to pick the kid up from track practice. Till next time,
Peace,
Yasmin



1 comment:

  1. Hi Yasmin! I long to eat the varied interesting diet you do...hope you can keep posting :-) x

    ReplyDelete